Lakeview Holiday Cottages continues to operate during lockdown providing accommodation for keyworkers exclusively. We are delighted to be able to offer our services to those who are still working throughout these challenging times. Our Somerset self-catering accommodation has proven beneficial to those staying with us and we are still experiencing high demand. So, we have put together this blog to update customers on our latest update of what has been happening at Lakeview.
Types of keyworkers staying with us:
Now with a third national lockdown, we have seen a vast increase in the need for keyworker accommodation. The government announced that businesses that can provide accommodation for keyworkers can stay open through the lockdown. These keyworkers include construction workers, railway workers, NHS staff, and many others working in front line services. You can check keyworker eligibility online at gov.uk to see if it’s applicable for you or your staff.
The benefits of staying in self-catering accommodation
Self-catering keyworker accommodation is typically safer than staying in a hotel. This is because there is less chance of virus transmission when you are not coming into contact with others.
Most hotel rooms do not come with fitted kitchens or outdoor spaces like self-catering accommodation does. Lakeview Holiday Cottages are located in the idyllic Somerset countryside and surrounded by a private twelve-acre lake, giving you the space to enjoy the view, go for walks and get fresh air.
Private accommodation also offers more flexibility to share your accommodation with co-workers which not only helps split the costs but also allows you to remain in your work bubble safely.
Why choose Lakeview Somerset accommodation for key workers?
If you are looking for options for self-catering accommodation in Somerset, Lakeview Holiday Cottages have a range of modern cottages available. Our 3 and 2 bedroom properties are suitable for individuals and groups looking for keyworker accommodation. During this time, we are doing everything we can to ensure a safe and comfortable stay, including:
- Before and after your stay, we ensure all touched surfaces (such as door handles) are cleaned and sanitized. This includes undertaking deep cleans to the latest hygiene safety standards.
- We provide self-check-in, so you do not have to come into contact with any of our staff. This is encouraged to keep everyone as safe as possible when staying with us.
- We provide a digital welcome guide with all the information needed about the houses, appliances, Wi-Fi, local shops etc.
- All our Somerset self-catering accommodation comes with a fully equipped kitchen and washing machine. This means you can go about your daily routine as usual with no restrictions. Make yourself feel comfortable and at home with everything you need.
- We can provide accommodation for multiple occupants. This is a perfect solution for groups of keyworkers who work together in the same bubble as the cottages are large enough to share.
- Our premises are surrounded by 12 acres of private land and provide a tranquil setting. This makes our accommodation for keyworkers a relaxing environment to unwind after work.
- Lakeview Holiday Cottages is located less than a 10-minute drive from Bridgwater and is just off the motorway which makes it convenient for those commuting nearby.
Lakeview Holiday Cottages is proud to be able to assist and support during the pandemic by providing keyworker accommodation. To discuss the Somerset self-catering accommodation for keyworkers we have available, get in touch with us. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call today on 01278 661 584.